Job Title: Chef de Partie
Job Location: Lucy’s on a Plate, Church Street, Ambleside, Cumbria, LA22 0BU
Responsible to: Head Chef and Operations Manager
Summary of Job Purpose: To ensure that extremely high quality food is sent out to every customer on every table every night.
- Under the direction of the Head Chef, prepare and produce food as directed using modern methods, equipment and fresh ingredients.
- Ensure that all food cooked and served is of an extremely high quality.
- Ensure that all food is served at a safe and appropriate temperature using probes where necessary.
- Maintain sufficient stock levels of all food items and notify staff when not possible.
- Ensure that all areas in the kitchen are kept clean and tidy at all times. To assist in clearing, cleaning, washing within the kitchen, including in-depth cleaning, using any approved specialised products and methods laid down.
- Use of a high level of cooking skills in the production of new food dishes using modern food technology and methods.
- To undergo on-the-job training to develop cooking and kitchen organisational skills.
- To maintain legal hygiene and safety requirements for food and equipment with particular responsibilities as laid down and agreed with the Head Chef and carry out training of subordinates where appropriate.
- To aid stock taking in conjunction with the Head Chef.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties from time to time requested by superior staff.
- ensure equality and diversity procedures are adhered to at all times
- Keep and wear smart, clean and tidy uniform at all time.
Back to all current vacancies »